Tuesday, July 5, 2011

does it look like you are ALWAYS on Facebook?

We had a great block party for the fourth, but I was a little puzzled when a neighbor remarked that I am “always on Facebook." I am not, in fact, always on Facebook, so it got me to thinking about why it might appear that way.


I follow a lot of tech journals and software pages on FB; it's a great way to get all the latest headlines at once, (Gasp! FB has a legitmate business purpose!) and I often follow links to articles, webinars, or videos posted there, which usually open in a new tab. I tend to leave a lot of tabs open, which doesn't phase me unless my browser is running slow, in which case I'll close the ones I am not using at the moment. So very often I'll have FB open in a tab even if I am not using it, which must make it look as if I am always on, even when I am doing something completely different. There are ways to be stealth on FB, and a quick search will reveal the “how-tos" for doing that. Since I am not hiding out from anyone, I had not even thought about it, but I don't want people thinking I have nothing better to do than hang out on FB all day, so maybe I will have to rethink that!
*I also love the iPad app Flipboard for that, but when I am on my computer, Facebook is easier.

Put our knowledge and expertise to work for your business— visit our webpage and then contact Canzani Graphics today! All content ©2011Canzani Graphics

No comments:

Post a Comment