Friday, September 21, 2012

Passbook

And here's more about Passbook, which I was looking forward to using:

When you open Passbook, you quickly discover you can't really do anything except hit the "Connect to iTunes Store" button. All day it returned a "Cannot connect to iTunes Store" message, which I thought at first might be due to busy servers. When I looked it up on Apple Support, I was very disappointed to discover NOTHING. NO helpful info at all. (Really, Apple?)

But a quick Google search found the answer in Apple Support Communities- so bizarre I had to share:
Go to Settings> General> Date and Time> Set Automatically> Off. Then set the date one year ahead. (Which brings up an amusing alert telling you you haven't backed up to Cloud in 52 weeks!) 
Passbook will now connect (you can then go back and turn auto time back on) and show you the paltry few companies that are signed on to sync with Passbook. My airline was not among them, but I will keep trying now and then to see who is rolling out the service. In the meantime, I'm staying with CardStar.
Put our knowledge and expertise to work for your business— visit our webpage and then contact Canzani Graphics today!
All content ©2011-2012 Canzani Graphics

No comments:

Post a Comment